Extended Health Benefits
Benefit: 80% coverage of prescription drugs listed on the ASSURE National Formulary, 50% drug coverage if not listed, up to a maximum of $1,000 per person per year. 100% Travel Health and Hospital benefits, and 80% coverage for all other benefits. There is no deductible. There is no overall maximum though specific benefits may have annual or lifetime limits.
- up to $1,000 /person/calendar year. Fertility drugs; smoking cessation aids; erectile dysfunction drugs/items; travel vaccines; and drugs, injections or products for treatment of obesity are not covered. The plan substitutes generic equivalents whenever possible.
- prescription drug purchases are processed at the pharmacy using the ASSURE card.
Extended Health Benefits:
- Paramedical services up to $300/specialty/person/calendar year. Includes chiropractors;
- Paramedical services up to $400/specialty/person/calendar year. Includes podiatrists/chiropodists;
- Paramedical services up to $500/specialty/person/calendar year. Includes psychologists/social
- All Paramedical services have a combined annual maximum of $2,500 per certificate.
- Semi-private / convalescent hospital.
- Ambulance (ground: unlimited / air: $4,000 maximum).
- Eye exams up to $75/adult every 24 months; $75/child every 12 months.
- Nursing care up to $25,000/person/24 months.
- Hearing aids up to $500/person every 48 months.
- Medical Equipment, up to $2,000* per year, including: wheelchairs, respirators, oxygen, hospital
- Orthotics up to $200/person/calendar year.
- Orthopaedic shoes (custom designed) up to $225/person/calendar year.
- Travel costs for medically necessary treatments,up to $750/person every 24 months. Dental repairs as a result of an accident while insured ($2,000 per year).
- maximum benefit is $200 per person. The maximum applies to any 24 month period for adults, and any 12 month period for children.
- 24 hour emergency assistance finding medical help abroad, including emergency medical payments and evacuation, where required.
- hospital and physician charges for emergency treatment outside Canada.
- 24-month Survivor Benefit for a deceased employee’s insured spouse and dependents.
physiotherapists and massage therapists.
naturopaths; osteopaths; acupuncturists; clinical dieticians and audiologists.
workers and speech therapists.
beds, breast prosthesis, artificial limbs, eyes, braces for limb truss, walking aids, diabetic, colostomy and ileostomy supplies. (*some items may have annual, lifetime or other limits)
Medical Emergency Assistance / Travel Health Benefits: